Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dusted

Today I started to finish a project- I wanted to scrap/sandoff the remaining glue left behind when we stripped the wallpaper in the hallway. Even while taking the wallpaper down originally, we were scrapping a lot of glue, but there is too much left behind to ignore. Not only am I concerned that if I left it, the glue would seep through the primer and paint, but the texture it left on the walls was terrible! I am convinced that they had applied the glue to the wall and then also used preglued wallpaper. There's so much glue!

Tom was hunting for the weekend and I began this project in the morning. I still hadn't finished until late after he got home. He helped me finish. My right arm and elbow had gone numb! I still just can't believe how much glue was used to put up that wall paper. The only way to get this stuff off was to sand it. 


 I taped up some plastic to try and contain the dust. There was just too much! Can you believe this?!? After I finished sanding, I used the shop vac to get up as much dust as possible. Then, I did take some hot water and sponged the walls down again. I just don't want this stuff to seep through the primer and paint. 

Finally, it's done though. I am excited to get the paint up! We are just going to use the bright standard white. There's zero natural light in this hallway. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Any response is appreciated.