Thursday, September 18, 2014

Wallpaper Nightmares

Ok. I foresee wall paper nightmares in my future!!!

I took some time from work to continue the demo/reno process before we have to be out of the rental.

Here's what I've been working on...
Small room before. 
 Small room during... the paper was off... Now to scrape off the glue! 



 So 90's, right?
 Small room after. Can you see that 60's mauve paint over the plaster? HAHA!


 the entire hallway is covered :( 

 This is the wall to the right of the hallway which also makes it the dinning room wall. The wall is seen from the kitchen.

 Tiff, my bff, came to help! 

 It also wraps around to the adjacent wall... surrounding the slider door with wall paper... Thankfully this did not continue into the kitchen! 

I finished the wall in the small room. Tiff and I, together, got most of the dining room wall done. Tiff had to get going so I finished it LATE into the evening. We did not even attempt the hallway.
By, the way, I haven't mentioned HOW we did this. We just used gloves, buckets of steaming hot water, and plastic scrapers. VERY Tedious and lots of time. There has to be a better way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Any response is appreciated.